Thursday, November 1, 2007

Tasty Treat

Halloween 2007 turned out to be kind of boring...no huge parties and trick-or-treater levels were down year-to-year (in researcher speak). However, I did love my costume! Following up the 2006 TV Set costume, I recycled the same "TV Set" into a Chinese take-out box. Take any old cardboard box, cut the top flaps into semi-circles, paint it white and accent with red writing to make an easy chinese take-out box. You can't really see my t-shirt in the photo, but I also added iron-on letters to an old t-shirt that said "Food." Hence, "Chinese Take-Out." It was cute but did not win me many prizes. I don't think I can recycle my box again so I may have to resort to some sort of stupid slutty outfit/uniform (nurse, firewoman, policewoman, maid...why the sexed up occupational themes?). Then again, maybe I'll find another box and be a refrigerator or something...at least I'll be warm. My Chinese Take Out Box has yet to go into recycling, as Mr. Biscuits is enjoying it as his fort in my living room.

1 comment:

Cee said...

omg! I love your costume. You look so delicious. You are quite the crafter m'dear. Keep up the og costumes. The world doesn't need another slutty cop.