Saturday, September 15, 2007

Wish List Of My Own

The seasons are changing and you know what that means...FALL FASHION! This is probably my favorite season of the year because 1. whatever body flaws you might have can be covered with a beautiful cashmere coat or sweater. 2. gorgeous leather boots make me feel oh-so-sexy (very Mod Squad). and 3. I don't have to fret about perfect pedicures every other week.

I was not thrilled about many trends the past few seasons (its just too 80's for me), but I am LOVING fall so far. Here's my wish list for the Fall:


1. All Things J Crew


I like preppy, but I usually don't like their "I-go-to-the-Hamptons-house-every-weekend-look-preppy." However, I love this argyle sweater dress($175), wool "Bella" coat ($350), and PETITE (yessssss) Herringbone pants ($135).




















2. Mary Janes and T-Straps
Ever since I could fit a pair of shoes, I have always worn Mary Janes, and T-Straps make me feel like dancing! I just bought these Linea Paolo's at Nordies the other day ("La Rue") and they are not only comfortable and stylish, but they come in red! These will look adorable peaking out under black suit pants!














3. Shiny Things

I am a self-described rodent, as I love all things shiny. I love fall because it is a precursor to dressy holiday fashion and luxurious things like velvets, sequins, and light-up holiday sweatshirts (j/k). I recently bought a black sequined tank top from Forever 21 to wear to the JT concert and it will rock on this season under a velvet blazer, paired with black satin pants, or even paired down with a pair of jeans for a night on the town. The gunmetal gray shiny whatever is next on my list. I love the color: it reminds me of a car. Not only would it be a preferred automobile color, but it is definitely a wearable color as well.

4. Oliver People's Nora Sunglasses

Since I pretty much don't have a bridge to my nose, it is really hard to find trendy sunglasses that fit. However, I solved a 28 year old problem last year while visiting Neiman's and tried on a pair of Oliver People's Makeda style frames. Lightweight, big enough, and complete UVA/UVB protection, I was sold. This year I'm dying to get the second generation Makeda's, this time titled the "Nora" which is a little larger and more square, but a perfect fit.








5. Mac Viva Glam VI
If you liked the sparkly pinkish neutral of Glam V, you'll love the slightly more dramatic VI. I tried it on the other day and this is perfect for fall. Match it with a neutral lip liner (like MAC's ever-popular "Spice" or "Whirl") or a darker one for evening (maybe mixed with "Vino"), this warm, plummy color should go well with all skin shades. Additionally, all of its proceeds go to toward HIV/AIDS research, so that's reason enough to buy it now!

No comments: